Steps to configure CalDAV sync for OS X Calendar, BusyCal and Fantastical
Initially, make sure you have selected the calendars to be synced from your Zoho Calendar account.
- Open the OS X Calendar/ BusyCal/ Fantastical on your device.
- Go to Calendar > Preferences > Accounts > Add.
- Click Other CalDAV account option and press Continue.
- Choose the account type as Manual.
- Fill the Username field with the email ID of your Zoho account and the password. If you have enabled Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) for your Zoho account, generate and use the Application-Specific Password.
- Enter the server address as https://calendar.zoho.com/ (The server address after https:// will vary for different data centers. Refer here.) and Sign in.
- The events will be automatically synced between both the calendars.
- To delete the CalDAV account, go to Calendar > Preferences > Accounts, click on the account you want to delete, click the Remove icon and click Ok.
Steps to configure CalDAV sync for iPhone and iPad
Before configuring the sync on your iPhone/iPad, go to your Zoho Calendar account and select the calendars to be synced using CalDAV.
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts and Passwords > Add account.
- Click on Other option in the Add account page.
- Select Add CalDAV account to proceed.
- Enter the server as https://calendar.zoho.com/ (The server address after https:// will vary for different data centers. Refer here.)
- Enter your Zoho account email ID in the Username field and your Password. If you have enabled Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) for your Zoho account, generate and use the Application-Specific Password.
- Type your choice of Description for this CalDAV account and click Next.
- Turn on/off the notifications for Reminders and click Save.
- To check if your CalDAV sync was successful, open the Calendar app on your iPhone/iPad and click on Calendars from the bottom-centre of the screen.
- You will be able to see the list of calendars from your Zoho account that are currently synced with your iPhone/iPad calendar app.
- Go to your Zoho Calendar web version, create an event in a specific calendar and refresh the page.
- The recently added event will be synced with your iPhone/iPad calendar app.
- In case you want to delete your CalDAV account, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Accounts, click on the account you want to delete and press the Delete Account option.
CalDAV sync for Thunderbird Lightning
Select the calendars you need to sync using CalDAV on your Zoho Account.
You need to fetch the calendar ID from your Zoho Calendar account before you attempt to sync your Zoho Calendar with Thunderbird lightning on your device. If you have more than one calendar to be synced with Thunderbird lightning, then fetch the unique Calendar ID of each calendar and attempt the sync separately.
Steps to fetch the Calendar ID
- Login to Zoho Calendar.
- Select the calendar for which you want to fetch the calendar ID by right clicking from the left pane of the screen.
- Click on Edit from the drop down.
- In the Edit Calendar tab click the Calendar ID.
- Copy the URL containing the calendar ID of the Calendar.
Steps to configure CalDAV sync for Thunderbird Lightning
- Open Thunderbird Lightning calendar on your device.
- Go to File > New > Calendar.
- Select On the Network and click Continue.
- Choose the CalDAV format and enter the location URL as "https://calendar.zoho.com/caldav/Calendar ID/events/".
- Replace the Calendar ID in the URL by fetching the Calendar ID using the procedure given above. Example URL: https://calendar.zoho.com/caldav/350690777e7/events/ , where "350690777e7" is the Calendar ID.
- Select Offline support and Click Continue.
- Enter the Name of the calendar, customize the Color, Reminders and click Continue.
- Click Done to complete the process.
- To delete a calendar added via CalDAV for Thunderbird Lightning, right click the calendar from the left side of the screen. Click on Unsubscribe.
Steps to configure CalDAV sync for eM Client
Go to Zoho Calendar and select the calendars to be synced using CalDAV before attempting to configure sync on eM Client. Learn more.
- Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts.
- Click on the Add icon.
- Select the option Calendar in the dialog box.
- Click on CalDAV from the list of calendars and click Next.
- Enter the Account Address URL as https://calendar.zoho.com/.well-known/caldav in the Server information dialog box. The domain name (calendar.zoho.com) in the Account Address URL will vary based on the server region in which the account is hosted. Learn more.)
- Enter the Zoho Calendar email ID in the Username and type the Password. If you have enabled Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) for your Zoho account, generate and use the Application-Specific Password. Click Next.
- Fill the Account name in the Account details sections and click Next.
- Click the Finish button to create the account.
- Go to your Zoho calendar and Refresh the page to sync all events.
- To delete a CalDAV account on eM Client, go to Tools > Accounts. You will see a list of the eM client accounts added on the left-hand side. Click on the account you want to delete and click the Delete button next to it.
Steps to Configure CalDAV Sync for Gnome's Evolution Calendar
Go to Zoho Calendar and select the calendars to be synced using CalDAV before attempting to configure sync on Gnome's Evolution Calendar. Learn more.
- Go to File > New > Calendar.
- In the New Calendar pop-up window, choose CalDAV from the Type drop-down.
- Provide the name of the calendar and choose the calendar color.
- Provide the server address https://calendar.zoho.com/ in the URL field. (The server address (.com, .eu, .au, etc.,) will vary based on the server in which your account is hosted. Refer here.)
- Provide the name of the user, email address and click on Find Calendars.
- The calendars you chose to sync via CalDAV sync will be listed in the Choose a calendar pop-up. Learn more.
- Choose the calendar you want to sync from the pop-up menu and click OK. (You can sync only one calendar at a time)
- The calendar name and URL will change based on the calendar chosen.
- Choose the time period to refresh your calendar to reflect the synced data.
- Click OK. The calendar you chose to sync via CalDAV will be added to your Evolution Calendar and the events from the chosen calendar will be displayed in your Evolution Calendar.
The calendars you sync will be listed under CalDAV on the left menu. To sync more calendars from Zoho Calendar with your Evolution Calendar right-click on CalDAV on the left menu and click on New calendar. Repeat the steps given above to sync your calendars.
- App Calendars in Zoho Calendar cannot be synced via CalDAV.
- When the CalDAV account is deleted, all events created and synchronized under the particular CalDAV account will be removed but will remain in your Zoho Calendar account.
- Calendars from your Zoho Calendar account synced to other calendar apps using CalDAV can be deleted/removed only from the calendar apps and not from the Zoho Calendar account itself.
- When you delete a Zoho Calendar from the CalDAV account on other calendar apps, the calendar automatically gets disabled for CalDAV sync in your Zoho account and you need to enable later.
- You cannot create/add a new calendar on your Zoho Calendar account using the CalDAV account configured on your device's calendar.
Troubleshoot CalDAV Sync
Unable to login via CalDAV account
If you are facing issues while logging into your Zoho Calendar account via CalDAV, then make sure to check for your Username and Password. If you have enabled Two Factor Authentication (TFA), you have to generate Application Specific Password to proceed.
Some events from Zoho Calendar aren't synchronizing with the CalDAV account
When you synchronize your Zoho Calendar with the CalDAV account, you might find that some of the events haven't synced. By default, only the primary calendar of your Zoho Calendar account will be enabled for synchronization. Check if you have enabled sync for all calendars under My Calendars in your Zoho Account. If not, enable access in your CalDAV settings and sync again. Learn more.